Laboratories working in the energy industry require support from a LIMS that is flexible and configurable. The system must be able to adjust to the labs’ changing needs over time, while automating data collection, reporting, and analysis to decrease turnaround times. The Core LIMS meets these needs, and allows energy labs to meet their high demand, while monitoring the labs’ environmental impact and controlling costs. Core Informatics provides an easily navigable system that increases efficiency in all of a lab’s processes as well as the integrity of its data.
The Core LIMS can aid power process laboratories in investigating ways to incorporate alternative fuels into their processes. It is flexible and configurable to adapt to the changing technologies used in energy laboratories. The system is scalable to incorporate all of an organization’s laboratory processes, and manage projects and workflows across labs, increasing efficiency organization-wide.
The Core LIMS automates data collection for results flagging, reduced transcription errors, and the elimination of duplicate data entry. This allows analysts to spend their time on more knowledge intensive activities such as defining the next assay to be completed. The Core system enables process automation by assigning work to analysts and instrumentation, along with any associated protocols that must be met.
Benefits of the Core LIMS to Energy Industries:
- Sample management (login, registration integrity, life cycle tracking, etc.)
- Chain of custody
- Lot & batch management
- Instrument integration for data collection automation
- Instrument management (calibration, maintenance, scheduling)
- Automatic results reduction & flagging
- Integration with third party systems (ERP/MRP/accounting etc.)
- Electronic document management
- Customized automatic & ad hoc reporting
- Barcode, RFID compatible
- Inventory, storage management
- Worklist management
- Workflow management
- Environmental monitoring
- Automatic alerts based on thresholds, authorization, publishing
- Project management
- Product specifications management
- SOP & protocol management
- Analyst certification management
- Employee safety management
- Work allocation & scheduling to reduce bottlenecks
- Regulatory compliance with GALP, 21 CFR Part 11, etc.
- Data security & integrity